Monday, October 29, 2012

Sweet Potato Festival=Success!

My sign
It has been one HECK of a weekend! My brain is still reeling from all the stress and activities! For three straight days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) I had very little sleep from constant baking, chocolate dipping, sewing, cleaning, designing, and selling! The morning before the festival I got two hours of sleep (more like a power nap while my cake cooled) and we loaded up in our unseasonable cool weather (39 degrees when we set up!)
As we got all set up we realized our tent was much smaller than we expected and it felt crowded all day, but it all turned out fine. I sold a lot of different types of snacks, like marshmallow pops, rice crispy treats, cookies, brownies, candy corn almond barkcaramel cream cheese apple dip, cream cheese apple bundt cake (YUM!!!!) and more.

My favorite apron


We also had our homemade aprons that my mom, Meme, and Grandma slaved over for three days to make for me and they turned out so cute and sold very easily!
My little shop :)
We also had a raffle where if you guessed the correct number of candy corn in the jar (or you came the closest without going over) you would win a fun little prize package that contained a thermos  blanket, hot chocolate, snacks, and a car pass to Santa Land (a drive through Christmas light park in Lindale) It was a close call but Cindy Boffy (mother of a girl I graduated with) who came the closest to guessing the right number.
After a long day of constantly being on my feet, eating nothing but half of a cold corn dog, and spending the day talking to...ugh...people (something I HATE doing...lol) I think we did pretty good. I made a good amount of money that can definitely put a dent in my living expenses and I sold just about everything in the stand. I really had a great time and say alot of friends and people I hadn't seen in a while. After sleeping for a full 12 hours I scrambled to get my homework all done Sunday and turned it in just before it was due. Pshew....I need a vacation! Get me to California already!!!
75 more days and i'll be there!!!!
-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment